Are you a skilled full-stack developer who is not afraid of startup life?
Our company, CYF Digital, provides digital services primarily aimed at migrants and promotes social integration. We work on different customer projects in cooperation mainly with the public sector. In addition, we have published our own platform, Know Your Hoods – the Search Engine for Neighborhoods, which aims to help migrants find the best place to live.
Join us on our world conquest as we are developing a mobile service that promotes student mobility and integration together with seven European universities. In addition, we are developing a new digital service to help migrants find suitable services based on their personal interests and preferences. With this service, our aim is to conquer at least Finland, perhaps the rest of the world as well, since there will be some (artificial) intelligence features too.
To join us on this adventure, we are always looking for full-stack developers. If frontend or backend is more your cup of tea, no worries, but for us the perfect partner will not be afraid of either.
What knowledge and skills would be good to have?
- Practical understanding of modern web technologies (HTML5, CSS3, ECMAScript) and web frameworks
- Experience and knowledge of following:
- Angular 7+ framework
- Node.js 10+ and Koa/Express
- SQL Server ja PostgreSQL based databases
- Microsoft Azure (particularly App Services and DevOps processes as well as role and access management)
- Interfaces (REST API) and their construction are familiar (in & out)
- Definite plus is knowledge of authentication based on Azure AD B2C
- Experience in agile development work methods (e.g. Kanban, Agile)
- Willingness to work as an essential part of a small but evolving team
- Currently there are 9 of us
- If you have experience in requirements specifications, you think documentation is not a curse word and you also understand that testing is really important, you might just be a perfect person!
- Accuracy, schedule management, and the courage to share your views is something we value highly
- Please speak (and write) English fluently
- Some of the available documentation is only in Finnish or in Swedish so it would be great if you can understand either of them.
- We like nice people and think we are like that ourselves. 😊
If most of the above are in your toolkit at least at some level, then keep reading ahead!
What do we offer?
- Interesting and socially important work that actually helps people. Internationalisation and growth are part of our everyday life and results are to be seen already.
- A variety of tasks, as you will be an integral part of a small team.
- Remote work opportunity: Our office is in Turku and sometimes it is good to visit there. In general, we work remotely.
- Flexible working hours: Meetings should be attended during the day, but otherwise you can work at a time that suits you. Quite often there are hilarious online-moments available, especially on Fridays.
- An entry-point into a startup world that is very interesting, fast-paced, and changes rapidly.
- An exceptionally systematic way of working and managing projects > we have a masterful project manager!
- Nice co-workers (at least we like each other!)
- Skills-based salary. Your salary will be between 3500 and 4500 euros. Please justify your salary request in your application.
- As a note: our salaries are internally shared knowledge for the whole team, so we hope you think this is a good thing.
- Working conditions are based on TES for ICT staff (ICT-alan työehtosopimus toimihenkilöille)
- In addition we offer welfare benefits (ePass), team days, and other benefits such as (online) theatre evenings and after work evenings (fingers crossed face-to-face). We are always eager to hear your suggestions on activities.
- We have agreed to 2 additional paid holidays: 30.4. and 31.12.
- Opportunity to serve as a technical team leader if interested in the task.
- If and when everything progresses well, there can be an opportunity for stock options. We have not yet planned the system in detail, but if interested, let us know and we’ll figure things out together. This is how we work on company and HR development in general, figuring out things together.
Currently we are not recruiting for a specific job post, but our team is constantly growing.
Please send your application and CV to info[at]cyf.fi with the subject ‘New Team Member?’, if you started to like us. Please include salary request and possible start date in your application.
Our CEO is Susanna Lahtinen is happy to answer any questions by email or phone (firstname.lastname@example.org | 040 705 1991).
// Team CYF