Are you a skilled back-end (or even full-stack) programmer who is not afraid of startup life? We are looking for you!
Our company, CYF Digital, provides digital services primarily aimed at migrants and promotes social integration. We work on different customer projects in cooperation with mainly public actors. In addition, we have published our own platform, Know Your Hoods – the Search Engine for Neighborhoods, which aims to help migrants find the best place to live.
Our world conquest is now beginning with a new customer project, as we set out to develop a mobile service that promotes student mobility and integration together with several European universities! To join us on this adventure, we are looking for a new travel partner who will primarily manage the back-end part of the service. It would be great if you are not scared on the front end either, or maybe you’re even a full-stack expert.
What knowledge and skills would be good to have?
- Node.js 8+
- MySQL databases
- Interfaces (REST API) and their construction are familiar (in & out)
- Practical understanding of modern web technologies (HTML5, CSS3, ECMAScript)
- Experience with Angular 7+ framework
- Experience in agile development work methods (e.g. Kanban, Agile)
- Expertise in working in a software team and software code version control (GIT or other SVM technology)
- Willingness to work as part of a small but evolving team (currently there are 9 people on the team).
- We would appreciate it if you have experience with requirements specifications, you think documentation is not a curse word and you also understand that testing is really important.
- Accuracy, schedule management, and the courage to share your views are definitely a Plus!
- Please speak English fluently – in the future project, the contact persons will not speak Finnish.
- We like nice people and think we are like that ourselves. 😊
If most of the above are in your toolkit at least at some level, then keep reading ahead!
What do we offer?
- A really interesting and international project that you can influence from the beginning (if you can start as soon as possible).
- A variety of tasks, as you will be an integral part of a small team.
- Teleworking opportunity: Our office is in Turku and sometimes it is good to visit there. In general, you can work remotely.
- Flexible working hours: Meetings should be attended during the day, but otherwise you can work at a time that suits you.
- An entry-point into a startup world that is very interesting, fast-paced, and changes rapidly.
- An exceptionally systematic way of working and managing projects> we have a masterful project manager!
- Nice co-workers (at least we like each other!)
- Moderate pay: we would like to say competitive, but this is where the reality of a startup world comes into play. We want to pay a decent salary for the work done, but we can’t (yet!) compete for salary with big software houses.
- Opportunity to serve as a technical team leader if interested in the task.
You can start upon agreement, but our hope for the start is already during 2020. We are recruiting for a project for at least 12 months, and our hope is to find a travel partner with whom we can continue our journey even after the project.
We will confirm the selection as soon as a suitable person is found. So please send your application immediately, but no later than 27.11.2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘Travelpartner2020’. Also, include a salary request and information about when can you start in your application.
Susanna Lahtinen is happy to answer inquiries about the position by e-mail and telephone (Thu 12.11. at 9-11, Thu 19.11. at 12-14 and Thu 26.11. at 15-17).
CEO, CYF Digital
040 705 1991 / email@example.com